a local startup chapter of 'We Are Change' in the central DC area

Astrology

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > jairus

nathanadamsjairus@yahoo.com
Site Owner

hello from your moderator/ ?  ive started this to let you know you can ask anything here.  thanks,    jairus

March 27, 2010 at 11:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

G_Rizzle

Hey, Jairus. Good to see a site linked to DC from the wearechange.org site. I'm currently trying to get them to link to our http://www.meetup.com/WeAreChangeMD/ site. I'm assuming this is a fairly new site? And are you really located in Hollywood?

--

~Garrett

March 29, 2010 at 9:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Site Owner

sorry i created my profile when in hollywood i thought i changed it but i must do something else for it to take i guess.  my name is jairus and i recognize your the marylands moderator.  nice to meet you.  basically i contacted we are change .org about a group here and they didnt know of one and i asked if i could help start one, but then i found a meetup for dc in the midst of making this site so now ive been working as an assistant organizer with the organizer there on meetup his name is jared denman.  excuse the typing im not proficcient and theres much to do today.  uhh, so im planning on helping all things we are change dc and other states but i also have a side personal project im working on too called 'glen ink', i dont want to give you too much info but im looking forward to getting these important topics discussed and finally dealt with in the best manner.  We had a WAC ideas meeting on saturday evening and now have a local plan for focusing on things that way we can as a group keep better on those topics instead of watering down little bits of information.  This is what im focusing on my project but ive yet to publicize it since ive just now created it.  so thanks for joining do you have a website for maryland?  webs.com is free?  so thanks,    jairus

March 29, 2010 at 10:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

G_Rizzle

Ahh... yes, i knew the name Jairus looked familiar. But yeah right now I am working on my own website, i haven't published it to the web yet, it's no where near being ready. As you know we do have a WACMD meetup site. Here is the link for anyone else who reads this posting:  http://www.meetup.com/WeAreChangeMD/. Let me suggest continuing the efforts to keep this site going. Remember the first place people go when they hear about WAC is, of coarse, wearechange.org. Then they look for their local chapter...ect, ect. I would just link to the meetup site from here. You can do A LOT more with this site then you can from meetup.

On another note, there is a lot of talk going on right now between PA, MD, DC & VA. We need to get some kind of event organized (already in the works) for this summer to unite all of these groups together. Probably in late May, early June. But keep up the good fight, and let me know if you have any questions or if you'll be up in Maryland anytime soon (gfox08@yahoo.com). Take care dude.

--

~Garrett

April 1, 2010 at 2:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

danstrand

hello..i am antsy as fuck to get something started..im ready now!!

May 4, 2010 at 11:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

danstrand

does anyone know anything about the "tent city" by the washington monument?

May 4, 2010 at 11:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Site Owner

yes its democratic youth college types that dance for funk the war promo instead of shouting they dance..  im not a dancer i guess  maybe i should be..

May 7, 2010 at 3:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Site Owner

google funk the war theres a poster of lady gaga with it..

May 7, 2010 at 3:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.